Friday, November 04, 2005

Peanut Butter Cookies


I had never cooked peanut butter cookies before. Nor anything else using peanut butter as one of the ingredients. I can’t even remember eating peanut butter before, though I’m sure I must have encountered it at some point. But on Wednesday night I made a batch of peanut butter cookies – the super-easy kind of cookies at that. I came across the recipe a while ago on a website Bears In The Kitchen, and had copied it to my Estonian site. I’m glad I did, as this could be one of the easiest cookies to make in the world. Even easier than making mayonnaise cookies - and that's something.

Peanut Butter Cookies(Maapähklivõiküpsised)

One cup of sugar
One cup of crunchy peanut butter (preferably one with at least ca 95% peanuts, a pinch of salt and some oil, but nothing else)
One egg

Mix all ingredients. Take large teaspoonfuls of batter and put on a baking tray. Bake at 200˚C for about 12-15 minutes, until your cookies are aromatic and golden brown.
Leave to harden on the tray for 5 minutes, then move carefully onto a rest to cool.



Voila. That’s all there is to eat. Enjoy. If you prefer hazelnuts, then try hazelnut butter cookies.

Although I’m not particularly keen on peanut butter, these cookies were delicious - I liked the slight saltiness of these. And for the negligent effort that went into making these, I think I’m gonna keep that ‘recipe’ at hand for unexpected cookie eating and/or baking cravings...

UPDATE: One of my Estonian readers, Thredalia over at Pisike ja Pisut Segi tried these as well. She even made her own peanut butter!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pille,
lunchtime is already over and I didn't even have breakfast yet... Because there was just no time ;( Now I have the rest of the day off and what am I doing first? Checking some food blogs to get even more hunger! Those cookies look so delicious - do you think you could beam some of them over to Munich RIGHT NOW? Please!? You'd be a life preserver!

Pille said...

Nicky - just checking my blog before heading for Amsterdam in a few hours. And believe me - I would have been more than happy to beam some cookies for you in Munich. Maybe in exchange for some of those dainty mini kiwis... Emphasis on the word 'would', as there are none left. Thanks to myself and some hungry friends and flatmates:)

Anonymous said...

Well, the saltiness is the great thing about PB cookies, and pie and peanut butter cups. They look delicious!

Anonymous said...

Good idea to keep the cookies around for those cravings. Your cookies o look good. Have a safe and successful trip to Amsterdam.

Best,
Paz